Wall Lake is an amazing place in Utah’s high Uinta Mountains. It is super fun because on the far side of the lake there is a big rock to jump off of into the refreshing water. The lake is found on the hike to Mirror Lake, shadowed by Watson Peak, about a mile and a half from the trail head. Lots of people backpack in and camp for the night. Ryan and I had a blast here and can’t wait to go back!
Wall lake is located up highway 150 towards Mirror Lake. A great way of finding it is to follow signs for mirror lake up the highway until you come to a sign saying Washington Lake. Then follow signs leading to the Crystal Lake trail head.
- Take the I-80 E exit #2 off of I-215 towards Park City/Cheyenne and follow for about 7.8 miles
- Take Exit 146 for US-40E toward Heber/Vernal and follow for about 18.3 miles
- Take exit 4 toward Kamas and turn left
- Turn left onto N. State Road
- Take the 2nd right onto Center St.
- Follow the signs to the right towards highway 150/ Mirror Lake and follow for about 25 miles
- Look for a sign that says Washington Lake and turn left
- Follow the sign leading to the Crystal Lake trail head
- You will drive up to a big parking lot where you will see two different trail heads, take the one on the right, closest to the entrance of the parking lot
- hike for about a 1 to 1 1/2 miles until you come up to Wall Lake, you will know your on the right trail because you will see two smaller lakes on the right and left side as your hiking in.
- The big rock to jump off of is on the far side of the lake
- ***bring bug spray***